1. Define – osmosis, diffusion, protein transport, facilitated diffusion, dynamic equilibrium, passive transport, active transport, isotonic, hypotonic, hypertonic, endocytosis, exosytosis
2. Determine if osmosis, diffusion, facilitated diffusion, and protein transport are types of passive or active transport.
3. What is the physical structure of the plasma membrane? Why is it called the fluid mosaic model?
4. What is energy?
5. Write the chemical equation for photosynthesis. What does it mean?
6. Where does photosynthesis take place in the cell and in what living thing?
7. Where in the leaf, (what layer) does photosynthesis take place?
8. What are three limiting factors of photosynthesis?
9. What is cellular respiration? Write the equation.
10. What are the two types of respiration? How are they different?
11. Where does respiration take place in the cell and in what living things?
12. What is ATP and why is it important to living things?